Monday, June 7, 2010

Girls' Weekend!

Howdy. Just thought I'd drop a line. Last weekend was pretty low-key around here. Tim went to Milwaukee to help Joe and Heather move into their new place together. Which meant that Claire and I had a girls' day out. Saturday we went to the Mall of America bright and early. I just happened to find out the weekend prior that Betsey Johnson opened a little store there. Well, since Mumma has been working very hard the last few months, she may have splurged. Just a little. Claire helped. The fabulous gay guy working there was cooing over how adorable she was (and how he loved my current Betsey Johnson handbag that I just happened to be carrying that day) and it just put me in a spendy kinda mood. So I got a necklace, ring and clutch. Now I just can't wait to wear it all out on the town... Ya know, since we do that soooo often. I finally found real shoes for Claire-bear. The See Kai Run's were just a little too big and came off a little too easily. So we went with Robeez (not that anyone probably cares). The rest of the day was spent playing with Mikko and doing laundry. Claire isn't so great at sorting or folding, yet. Oh and Mikko's collar broke on our walk and she got away. And what does Mom-of-the-year do? Goes after the dog. I panicked. And left Claire in her strollar in the street. I thought maybe the little girls that were petting Mikko would stay with her but they thought it better to chase the dog as well. Luckily we have an angel for a neighbor and when she saw Calamity Jane leave her daughter in the street she ran over to her. Luckily (and I say that with much hesitation) I caught the dog and all was well. I've just never felt like such a tool in my whole life. *Note to self: Next time let the dog go!

Sunday was more running around and chores around the house. So it was a productive weekend at least. When Tim got home on Sunday we made our annual flower shopping trip. This usually does not go well for us. I like big, bright annuals. Tim likes leafy green perennials. But this year, he just let me pick without a fuss. It was nice! He knows I'm never gonna give up my color. I just wish we had more of it in the front. Maybe someday. (I have a dream front yard in my mind....)

Oh, and I did something I swore I would never do: I fed Claire Gerber's pureed meat. YUCK! I will never do that again. She made this hilarious face after almost every bite. I laughed the entire time. Poor thing. She must think Mumma's crazy.

Love and miss y'all!




1 comments:

Holly and Adam said...

Oh my gosh... that face is hilarious!
Your story reminded me of something that happened to me once, although it didn't involve leaving my baby in the street. ;) It involved letting my dog run rampant in the neighborhood. I was 7 months pregnant with Cam, Sam ran out the front door, I ran after him. He stopped to poop in the neighbor's yard, so what do I do? Instead of going to grab him while he was "busy", I ran inside to get a poop bag! So of course, Sam finished his business in the meantime and starting zipping around the neighborhood like a maniac. I am yelling and running after him like a crazy pregnant girl, he won't listen. Finally the carpet installer guy who was at our house caught him for me.
Sorry... I think I just wrote a blog on your blog! LOL

Post a Comment